The Move - Beautiful Daughter alternate?

Just what the name says.
Xenu
Sellout

The Move - Beautiful Daughter alternate?

Postby Xenu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:11 am

So I just grabbed the Move "Colour Me Pop" DVD from Zomb. A good portion of it is at least semi-live (unlike the Small Faces' disappointing, totally mimed set), but I was most intrigued by "Beautiful Daughter." It's entirely mimed, but to a variation on the released version--there's no orchestra, what seems like an extra guitar track (and/or bass, performing some of the same melodic runs later given to the orchestra), and an actual drum track. There're some little added effects as well, like some big reverb swells on certain lines, leading me to the premature conclusion that this is some sort of otherwise-unused basic-track mono mix.

Has this surfaced anywhere in better quality?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:08 am

Haven't heard it, but I'll keep an ear to the ground.

Mark F

Postby Mark F » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:57 pm

I have that and just assumed it was a TV mix. I'll have to listen again because its been a while. Great episode, especially the Small Faces stuff. Much as a LOVE the Move I still like the original 5 man line up best, especially on stage. They were amazing!

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:33 pm

The Small Faces stuff is all mimed, though. And the thing that makes me suspicious that it's some sort of alternate is the reverb swell on "say goodbye," which would make no sense in a live environment.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911