BANNED from the Hoffman forums

Just what the name says.
Phil Elliott

Postby Phil Elliott » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:38 am

Certainly when looking at your profile and member status next to your posts, there's nothing to say that you are banned. Have you cleared your internet cache? Maybe VBulletin screwed something up. Unlikely, but I've seen stranger things happen.
"If you knew what I was thinking you'd BE me."

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 am

I tried that - something is fucked up - I can't log in or log out - it says my account is disabled. Yet I can still look at the forums and I still show up in the online user list at the bottom!

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:16 am

JWB wrote:I tried that - something is fucked up - I can't log in or log out - it says my account is disabled. Yet I can still look at the forums and I still show up in the online user list at the bottom!

Wow, that's odd. When I was toast there, all I ever got was the error page.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Leppo

Postby Leppo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:43 am

Xenu wrote:Elaborated by PM.

Wow, thanks for the PM!? :shock:
"I dig snow and rain and the bright sunshine." - TJ

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:59 am

lukpac wrote:Wow, that's odd. When I was toast there, all I ever got was the error page.

Well Steve is telling people that I am NOT toast, so I really don't know what's going on. Perhaps the gort who banned me was inexperienced and disabled my account instead of banning me the correct way?

MK

Postby MK » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:12 am

What a fucked up, shitty-ass forum it's become. You wanna alleviate the problem? Strip some of those gorts of banning privelages. They want to ban someone? Require approval from 2 or 3 other gorts.

"I guess you think, ya know, you're an authority figure. With that stupid fucking uniform. Huh, buddy? ... King Clip-on Tie here. Big fucking man.... You know, these are the limits of your life, man. Ruler of your little fucking gate here. There's your four dollars. You pathetic piece of shit."

"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 am

MK wrote: They want to ban someone? Require approval from 2 or 3 other gorts.

One would think that is *already* the practice, given the screwups that have happened before. But I guess not.

Xenu, could I see that PM too?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:10 pm

The whole operation is a cockup from start to bottom, presided over by a man (SH) who doesn't empower the competent to make decisions (see how long it took to ease Dave out) and doesn't stand behind the decisions of his unpaid moderators.

Not that I agree at all with JWB's ban (far from it, in fact - sounds like someone had an itchy trigger finger), but the man is a true kiss-up, kick-down sort of person, and most of his minions are too happy to be there to notice when they've been undermined. Remember, if your boss undoes all of the decisions you make, and you're within your power-of-position to make them, it's time to find a new job, or you turn into Milton from Office Space.

I bet HZ Jeff would have some interesting things to say.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Oooooh, I'd like to see Xenu's PM too.

Can you send it my way, David? This is Ess Ay here. I'm a big mover'n'shaker in the anti-SHtv world, ya know. I promise I won't reprint it at SC. :twisted:

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:50 pm

What the heck, can I see the PM? I wasn't even given the priviledge of my ban being explained.
Craig

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:08 pm

I've done as much distributing as I'm inclined to do. You're not missing much.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

JWB

Postby JWB » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 am

Well my suspension has been lifted and I'm back in the forums. I was told that the gorts tried to contact me and that "contrary to what you believe, you were only suspended for 3 days".

Then why was I told that my ban would be lifted "never" and my PM's disabled?

JWB

Postby JWB » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:25 am

Okay, I've been told that the gort who banned me accidentally pressed the "ban" button instead of "suspend", which is why my account was turned off and Steve couldn't contact me. It all makes sense now.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:34 am

Yeah, and we nuked Hiroshima because we accidentally pushed "liquiefy" instead of "crush."

Well, WELCOME BACK. 'til the next time.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

MK

Postby MK » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:32 am

Christ, they're worse liars than the Bush administration.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto