GRATEFUL DEAD - ANTHEM OF THE SUN Original 1968 Mix WB 7Arts

Just what the name says.
Jeff T.

GRATEFUL DEAD - ANTHEM OF THE SUN Original 1968 Mix WB 7Arts

Postby Jeff T. » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:14 am

Another one that I have been up all night doing a needle drop of. This mix was rumored to be a wilder, more psychadelic ride than the one Phil Lesh did weeks or months after the album originally came out. I have not compared mix to mix, but I sense that the separation might be stronger on this early mix. Comments welcome, as I am not a big dead head at all, but I like 60s Psych, it's all fun right.

So like the Small Faces LP, this has become a rare mix. Except that this mix was withdrawn early on, very early on. It does derserve a needle drop I think.

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm

Hard as SHIT to find without the usual stoned monkey-related damage. Agree on its ND-interest.

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:33 pm

dudelsack wrote:Hard as SHIT to find without the usual stoned monkey-related damage. Agree on its ND-interest.

I still have not sat down to do the tick removal, but glad it won't be a major ordeal. I don't like to be tired of an album, and have no interest in listening to it once I have finished.

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:58 pm

Wait, there are 2 stereo mixes of Anthem? I know there are 2 stereo mixes of Aoxomoxoa but this is the first i've heard of an alternate mix of Anthem. Are they both vintage 1968 mixes?
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:34 am

Chris M wrote:Wait, there are 2 stereo mixes of Anthem? I know there are 2 stereo mixes of Aoxomoxoa but this is the first i've heard of an alternate mix of Anthem. Are they both vintage 1968 mixes?

That's what I read. Could be wrong. Remix might be around 72, Lesh is said to have done it.