The Rolling Stones Return to North America!

Just what the name says.
stevef

The Rolling Stones Return to North America!

Postby stevef » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:06 pm

Oh Yes, It's Us Again

The Rolling Stones have confirmed initial dates for a new North American leg of their A Bigger Bang tour. The trek will kick off Sept. 20 in Foxborough, Mass., and currently is scheduled through a Nov. 18 concert in Los Angeles. The rockers plan to work up some different songs for the jaunt, which mainly will visit stadiums. "We'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh," says frontman Mick Jagger.

from PR Newswire--

The Rolling Stones Return to North America With 'A Bigger Bang' Tour

Kicks Off September 20th in Boston at Gillette Stadium
Tickets On Sale Beginning July 31st

NEW YORK, July 25 /PRNewswire/ -- The Rolling Stones will be back on tour this fall for the North American encore of their multi-continent 'A Bigger Bang' tour. It will launch on Sept. 20 at Boston's Gillette Stadium, recreating the magic of their historic Fenway Park kick-off one year earlier. The Rolling Stones hold the record for the most successful U.S. and world tour in 2005 and have already been named the number #1 touring band in the world for the first half of 2006 by Billboard. The U.S. tour dates will be sponsored by RadioShack.

The Rolling Stones who have already played to over four and a half million fans on 'A Bigger Bang' tour will once again perform for fans in cities including New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Las Vegas. This time around, playing primarily stadiums with a select number of arenas, they will also travel to many new markets to give fans an opportunity to experience the band at their best. The stadium shows will bring back the awe-inspiring production and grand scale excitement with the intimacy of the famed b-stage that brings the band up close to the fans.

"We're very excited about coming back to the U.S. and Canada. Most of the shows are going to be on the big stadium stage with fans in the balconies behind us. We're going to play many cities we didn't get to before and also return to some of our favorite places," said Mick Jagger. "There is plenty of time for rehearsals and to be able to make some set changes -- we'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh." Jagger adds, "Keith's fine, his heads better, he's playing well and enjoying himself so we're all looking forward to this leg of the tour."

"I thought we left too soon you know, so that's the reason we're coming back. I'm really happy that we got some more gigs in America and Canada," said Keith Richards. "I'm feeling great and can't wait to get there. We're going to have the b-stage to get that very close thing happening with the band and the fans."

The Rolling Stones will bring young, contemporary opening acts to the stage for this leg of the tour. Artists to be announced shortly.

"The return to North America is a celebration of the fact that the most enduring rock n' roll band of all time is feeling and sounding better than ever before and are ready to rock," said Michael Cohl, tour promoter. "The response from fans and reviewers to the recent shows in Europe has been amazing. To give more fans an opportunity to see the band we're lowering the ticket prices on average 10-15% and taking an additional $20 off tickets for students."

"The Rolling Stones are icons of the music world, and we at RadioShack are excited to join with them as they return to the U.S. for their fall tour," said Tori Binau, senior vice president, marketing for RadioShack Corporation. "Many loyal RadioShack customers are also fans of The Rolling Stones, so what better way to thank them than by offering special opportunities tied to the tour in the U.S. And with more than 6,000 stores in virtually every neighborhood in America, everyone gets an opportunity to participate. There's no better way to start off the fall season than a 'bigger bang' with The Stones & RadioShack."

There will be an American Express pre-sale beginning July 26 through July 30 in Boston, New York and Chicago.

Tickets for the public in New York, Chicago, Boston, Halifax and Regina will go on sale beginning Monday, July 31 and will be available at all usual outlets.

There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats available while the remaining 90% of the house will average $89 for stadiums and $99 for arena shows. In most cities, students will receive an additional $20 off. (Current ID required). Buys will be limited to 12 tickets per person. Additionally, 200 fans will have the opportunity to be onstage with the Rolling Stones as part of the stadium set and share in the excitement. These seats will also be available at the time of the general ticket on-sale. For additional on-sale information check local listings.

Rolling Stones fan club pre-sale, hot seat and VIP packages for New York, Chicago, Boston, Halifax and Regina begins July 26 at 10am ending July 30 at 5pm. For Official Tour, Fan Club Presales, Exclusive Merchandise and more, visit http://www.rollingstones.com.

Every ticket sold for the tour will include a Virtual Ticket membership to RollingStones.com. 'A Bigger Bang' ticket purchasers are invited to enjoy unprecedented, behind-the-scenes content with the return of Virtual Ticket, the on-line tour companion the band introduced in 2002. Virtual Ticket allows fans to intimately experience the band on the road via streaming video and audio, exclusive photographs and concert set lists.

The U.S. dates for 'A Bigger Bang' tour will be sponsored by RadioShack. The North American leg of the tour will be presented by Concert Productions International and The Next Adventure and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

About RadioShack Corporation
Fort Worth, Texas-based RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH) operates more than 6,000 stores nationwide and is one of the nation's most trusted consumer electronics specialty retailers and a growing provider of retail support services.

Rolling Stones North American Itinerary: (More dates to come)

Sept 20 Boston, MA Gillette Stadium
Sept 23 Halifax, NS Halifax Commons
Sept 27 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium

Oct 2 Wichita, KS Cessna Stadium Wichita University
Oct 6 Missoula, MT Grizzly Stadium
Oct 8 Regina, SK Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field
Oct 11 Chicago, IL Soldier Field
Oct 17 Seattle, WA Qwest Field
Oct 20 El Paso, TX Sun Bowl
Oct 22 Austin, TX Zilker Park
Oct 27 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall

Nov 3 Vancouver, BC BC Place Stadium
Nov 5 Oakland, CA McAfee Coliseum
Nov 8 Phoenix, AZ Cardinals Stadium
Nov 11 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand
Nov 14 Boise, ID Idaho Center
Nov 18 Los Angeles, CA Dodger Stadium

Check local listings for specific on sale dates & times

SOURCE The Rolling Stones

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:48 pm

Still no Flight 505, right?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

taylorrichards

Postby taylorrichards » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:05 pm

Never in my lifetime would I have ever thought the Stones would play in Missoula. LOL! I've been chuckling about this ever since I read this piece. Thanks to stevef for posting this. BTW, if you should ever visit that area one of these times, don't miss the beauty of the Bitterroot River and Valley. Everybody should visit it at least once in their lifetime.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:43 pm

taylorrichards wrote:Never in my lifetime would I have ever thought the Stones would play in Missoula. LOL! I've been chuckling about this ever since I read this piece. Thanks to stevef for posting this. BTW, if you should ever visit that area one of these times, don't miss the beauty of the Bitterroot River and Valley. Everybody should visit it at least once in their lifetime.

Maddy Ferguson was from there, right?
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911