Even the newspapers like the bootleg better

Just what the name says.
Rspaight

Even the newspapers like the bootleg better

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:55 am

Check out the album cover in the bottom left:

RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:59 am

When I saw the thread title I thought of LALC right away, but I figured this was about something else. And then I saw the scan.

Too damn funny.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

JWB

Postby JWB » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:00 am

Haha - that's funny shit.

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:30 pm

...But not half as funny as the photo on the right of Pops "Pedophile" Townshend tearing his ancient cartilage while performing 40 year-old tunes for a crowd paying FAR TOO INFLATED GEEZER CABARET TICKET PRICES, is it?
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Townshend's raising the roof, bitch. The motherfucking roof is on fire. What part of that don't you understand?

That's heart attack stuff.

I'll gladly pay $400 to watch Sir Townshend shred those awesome riffs while Sir Daltrey sings "Substitute" and tells me all about how he's just a poor mulatto from the wrong side of the tracks whose fine-looking suit is really made out of sack.

Pedophile jack-off mags are expensive and Pete has a lot of research to do. What's with the cynicism, pal? :x

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:01 pm

I only like the old, rebellious Who of "Bucket T" and "Athena". Oh, and the Keith Moon solo album. Keith was the greatest drummer in the world, at least until he died and then Phil Collins did "Sususudio". And then Phil was the greatest drummer in the world. And then Phil played with the Who at Live Aid. Or was it with Led Zeppelin or Queen at the US Festival? I think that Phil is still the greatest drummer in the world. I just hope he dies soon and then someone else will be the greatest drummer. Probably whoever it is who plays drums with Paul McCartney or the Brian Wilson band. Or maybe if Steve masters a second Red Hot Chili Peppers vinyl album, I'd say it'll be the drummer who plays drums with the Red Hot Chilis. That's penile erectile stuff.

(If you can rhyme "penile erectile" with a line that contains the word "California" -- congratulations! You've just written the next Red Hot Chili Peppers single!)
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:06 am

I only like the old, rebellious Who of "Bucket T" and "Athena".

Don't forget the Vietnam-era Army recruitment ads.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:48 pm

The air-force ain't no great shakes.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911