The Posies

Just what the name says.
Patrick M

The Posies

Postby Patrick M » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:51 pm

Anyone like them?

I've owned 'Dear 23' for a few years, but never listened much. (Mostly bought because I'm so fond of 'Apology.')

So I bought 'Frosting on the Beater' for the heck of it the other day (all of $2). The damn thing is infectious. Or maybe it's just me.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:10 pm

I bought FOTB when it came out back in '93 and I played that damn thing nearly non-stop all summer. It's an excellent album, particularly "Solar Sister" and "Coming Right Along."

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:48 pm

"Solar Sister" is a classic for all time. Ahh....to be a college freshman again...
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:00 pm

Very enjoyable, and as Pat noted, all of their albums are available for $2 if you look hard enough.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:51 pm

WTF is "Pat"?

Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Alexander Keith

Postby Alexander Keith » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:02 pm

I have been a fan since their first album on Poplama products. Dear 23 is absolutely brilliant pop music, Apology, Flood of Sunshine (great guitar solo) and Golden Blunders (which unfortunately was ruined by Ringo) are my favorites.

Not Lame put out a very good limited edition box set for the diehards (At Least At Last).

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:37 pm

Thanks to this thread, I dug out Frosting on the Beater today and gave it a spin. It's held up remarkably well. Don Fleming gave them a crunchy, amped-up sound without sacrificing the melodies.

Memories flood my mind with bliss... 8)

Alexander Keith

Postby Alexander Keith » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42 pm

If you can find their "hits" CD Dream All Day for a good price it has their covers of I Am The Cosmos and King Midas in Reverse - both great versions.
Barry

J_Partyka

Re: The Posies

Postby J_Partyka » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:32 am

Patrick M wrote:Anyone like them?

I've owned 'Dear 23' for a few years, but never listened much. (Mostly bought because I'm so fond of 'Apology.')

So I bought 'Frosting on the Beater' for the heck of it the other day (all of $2). The damn thing is infectious. Or maybe it's just me.

I'm right where you were before you bought FOTP. I've had Dear 23 since it came out, and I've always enjoyed it. For some reason though I've never checked out any of their other work.

I'll keep my eye out for FOTB.

(I do have their cover of "King Midas in Reverse" on the Sing Hollies in Reverse tribute CD ... It's very well done.)