Beatles remaster rumor

Just what the name says.
thomh

Beatles remaster rumor

Postby thomh » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:51 am

Browsing through this thread on the PSW forum: http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/10893/0/ this caught my eye:

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/04/ ... 4414.shtml

According to Starpulse, the Beatles catalog is in the process of being remastered for distribution on iTunes.

"We're remastering the whole Beatles catalog, just to make it sound brighter and better and getting proper booklets to go with each of the packages. I think it would be wrong to offer downloads of the old masters when I am making new masters. It would be better to wait and try to do them both simultaneously so that you then get the publicity of the new masters and the downloading, rather than just doing it ad hoc."
This was reportedly revealed in court by Neil Aspinall of Apple Corps record label during the Apple Corps vs. Apple Computer trademark dispute. No confirmation is available at this time.
Thom

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:04 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

There were about 100 different threads about this on SH.tv recently.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

MK

Postby MK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:50 am

Big news, but not worth discussing until the results are in. (And not to be a wet blanket, but I don't think the results will be good, based on their past work.)
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 am

Q: Is it possible to get real analog sound waves to come out of my iPod?
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:28 am

You can with this:

http://www.goldster-audio.com/concertin ... ct.en.html

Surely you'll agree that $3700 is a small price to pay for all that warmth.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 pm

MK wrote:Big news, but not worth discussing until the results are in. (And not to be a wet blanket, but I don't think the results will be good, based on their past work.)

Probably saw this over at sh.tv but I think the rumor on the street is that the remastering is being done by the same great people that brought you the sonic masterpiece "Let It Be...Naked." :roll:
Craig

MK

Postby MK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:10 pm

It has to be. I can understand TJ doing the Capitol boxes, those shit tapes were already stored in America. But why go anywhere else when you have a mastering suite right next to the vault, staffed with people you know, trust, and used on numerous past projects?

Whoopee, shitty Behringer noise reduction, bright EQ, and that sterile, squashed, overly-compressed sound Abbey Road's soooo good at.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto