Canadian Beatles CDs

Just what the name says.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu May 11, 2006 2:08 pm

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:I finally found one positive aspect about being exiled in Florida until July: recently found 2 different copies of the Disque Americ Rubber Soul, used (paid $4 and $7, respectively). Why were those here, in two different shops??

That's too damn funny. BUT DOESN'T THE ENTIRE WORLD KNOW ABOUT THESE YET?????

No luck finding any originals here yet, although I really haven't tried very hard.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu May 11, 2006 6:40 pm

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:Let's see how high irrational Beatles fans will go. Should be fun!

Fun? Dear god, I could really use the money. I've been scouring stores like crazy looking for them before the sexual frenzy fades away. Nothin' doin', sadly.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:45 pm

lukpac wrote:No luck finding any originals here yet, although I really haven't tried very hard.

Canadian Beatles CDs are fairly common here, just not of "Help" or "Rubber Soul."
Craig

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Fri May 12, 2006 1:41 am

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:recently found 2 different copies of the Disque Americ Rubber Soul, used (paid $4 and $7, respectively).

You realize there's only about 20 copies of that disc in existence worldwide, don't you? It's TRUE! No one is finding them in used CD stores in Canada, so that proves it.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri May 12, 2006 7:50 am

czeskleba wrote:You realize there's only about 20 copies of that disc in existence worldwide, don't you? It's TRUE! No one is finding them in used CD stores in Canada, so that proves it.

Since COLA just got 2, that means only 18 are left.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri May 12, 2006 9:11 am

COLA, I've got an EXTREMELY RARE MIS-PRESS of the Capitol Albums Vol. 2 set containing INCORRECT DIGITAL FOLDDOWNS of Rubber Soul and Beatles VI. I have it on good authority that these will be quite valuable in the future, much like the fabled BUTCHER COVER.

In addition, I have a HAND-LETTERED envelope that says EMI on it that can be used to return the faulty discs for good ones. Supposedly, a hot intern may have touched the envelope.

Perhaps we can negotiate a trade.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:19 pm

Rspaight wrote: Supposedly, a hot intern may have touched the envelope.

And here's Kimmy the intern in the flesh.

Craig

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re:

Postby lukpac » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:I finally found one positive aspect about being exiled in Florida until July: recently found 2 different copies of the Disque Americ Rubber Soul, used (paid $4 and $7, respectively). Why were those here, in two different shops??

Can't beat that, but I just picked up both for $21.75, shipped. On eBay, no less. So much for "none are ever going to sneak through".