The Kinks - This Man He Weeps Tonight (stereo mix)

Just what the name says.
JWB

The Kinks - This Man He Weeps Tonight (stereo mix)

Postby JWB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:18 am

I just figured out that my copy of the "Arthur" remaster has this track in mono, but it's one channel of a stereo mix so it sucks. Does anybody have a copy with the correct stereo mix? I'm doing my own remasters of the Kinks Pye catalog and I would really like to use the stereo mix of that track.

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:51 am

Sorry, I never upgraded my Arthur remaster.

What is your reason not to use the proper mono mix? The (true) stereo mix is on the Great Lost Kinks bootleg, but I don't remember how the sound quality is.

MK

Postby MK » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:46 am

Yeah, that was a boneheaded mistake. Worse, they caught it pretty quickly, but didn't make good on their promise to 'fix' it until a decade later.

I got a FLAC off of some torrent, I'll post it tonight if no one else does before me.

http://kinks.it.rit.edu/cgi-bin/MusicSe ... ng-thisman
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:33 pm

MK wrote:I got a FLAC off of some torrent, I'll post it tonight if no one else does before me.

Please do.

jbohdan

Postby jbohdan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Andreas wrote:Sorry, I never upgraded my Arthur remaster.

What is your reason not to use the proper mono mix? The (true) stereo mix is on the Great Lost Kinks bootleg, but I don't remember how the sound quality is.

I haven't heard the bootleg, but the stereo mix on the GLKA vinyl is superb-sounding.
John

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:08 pm

Okay guys - thanks - I won't be needing this track now - I though it was in mono on TGLKA - my bad.

MK

Postby MK » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:27 pm

"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:41 pm

MK -

Is that taken from the "fixed" remaster? It sounds quite a bit better than my copy of TGLKA and it's not mastered too bad. I think I'll use it! Thanks!

MK

Postby MK » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:50 am

I wish I knew. I got it from a Kinks bootleg torrent that may have lifted stuff from the "Great Lost Kinks Album," but I have no idea where that track would've come from. It may have originated from the old dimeadozen, whatever it was called, before Nirvana shut it down.