Anyone want 30,000 issues of ICE Magazine?

Just what the name says.
krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:47 pm

In the meantime, I’m extremely pleased to announce that no less than Billboard magazine will be taking over ICE’s subscriber list starting with its June 17 issue (mailing June 10).

In the magazine business, whenever a publication folds, it searches for a like-minded magazine to take over its subscription list and fulfill the remainder of its obligation to subscribers. So I'm very, very tickled that we struck a deal with the oldest and most respected title in the entire music business.

I'll *bet* he's tickled. Wonder what Billboard paid for the ICE subscriber list?
Wait until Billboard finds out that ICE nerds rarely give a shit about what's in the Hot 100.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:39 am

I suspect they may have already had the list, or at least did at some point. I started getting Billboard solicitations not long after subscribing to ICE.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

stevef

Postby stevef » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:08 pm

Alexander Keith wrote:The forum is still active but for how long??

We would guess that the ICE board will be active until sometime mid-August, but could be as soon as August 1.
The ICE domain expires in August.

Pete Howard has given us no official word on when the plug will be pulled, but he said he feels *no* compelling reason to save the chat room.
Thanks Pete.

Steve
ICE moderator

rjp

Postby rjp » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:04 pm

krabapple wrote:

I'll *bet* he's tickled. Wonder what Billboard paid for the ICE subscriber list?
Wait until Billboard finds out that ICE nerds rarely give a shit about what's in the Hot 100.

yeah, you are correct, us ICE nerds could give a shit about the hot 100.

:)

renny

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:13 am

stevef wrote:We would guess that the ICE board will be active until sometime mid-August, but could be as soon as August 1.
The ICE domain expires in August.

Pete Howard has given us no official word on when the plug will be pulled, but he said he feels *no* compelling reason to save the chat room.
Thanks Pete.

http://www.icemagazine.com/forums/entry.shtm

Dear ICE chat-room folks:

It’s with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that ICE’s Web site is switching servers early next month and that the chat room’s six-month run (after the paper edition closed) is coming to an end on September 30th.

I want to thank you all for making ICE’s chat room such a fun community over the last few years. We like to think that our Web site was a compelling place to visit and that includes all of the informed and erudite chat-room attendees who represented ICE’s ethos well.

Soon, this website will morph into one that will reflect my future music industry projects.

We shall all be missed. Thank you again kindly, and have a ball in your new, non-ICE location!

Warmly and graciously,

Pete Howard
Owner/Founder
ICE magazine
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:50 pm

lukpac wrote:Dear ICE chat-room folks:

It’s with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that ICE’s Web site is switching servers early next month and that the chat room’s six-month run (after the paper edition closed) is coming to an end on September 30th.

Warmly and graciously,

Pete Howard
Owner/Founder
ICE magazine

I guess that means that this forum (along with others) is about to get a bunch of new members. :P :P :P :P

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:58 pm

Jeff T. wrote:I guess that means that this forum (along with others) is about to get a bunch of new members. :P :P :P :P

Hopefully other than spammers.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:00 pm

So how about that rush of activity, eh?

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:36 pm

lukpac wrote:So how about that rush of activity, eh?

Not only all those new members, but the existing ones here are not exactly deeply involved.

Perhaps they are all out doing early holiday shopping, planning ahead those vacation trips with family, close friends, and lovers. :shock:

There is more to life than Jethro Tull remasters with bonus trax.