Beatles Capitol albums vol. 2?

Just what the name says.
MK

Postby MK » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 pm

Yeah, thank GOD I wasn't around for the vinyl era when there was shitloads of crappy Beatle product mucking up the racks. The day I jumped in, all they had were the UK albums, Past Masters, the red and blue albums, and MAYBE the BBC recordings. The EP and singles box sets, as far as I know, nobody stocked 'em and I never saw one until they were long out-of-print.

I could see an official release of the "Complete Hollywood Bowl" and maybe the "Complete BBC Recordings" (would be expensive as hell, but hey, Miles has a dozen box sets from Sony alone...) getting a nice reception. Seriously, the Hollywood Bowl concerts are surprisingly listenable.

"Let It Be...Nekkid" was a blown opportunity, not to mention a crappy, white-wash cop-out in its portrayal of the Twickenham sessions.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:21 pm

Info on how to avoid the fold-down versions:

Amazon link

And if you want to find the CORRECT version in the store, here's how- there won't be any sticker saying which on is which, but if you look on the regular sticker that is on it, look AFTER the catolog # and look for 'SK1'. THAT is the correct version!!!! Will probably be a few weeks before they make their way into most stores, but if you want to keep the screwed up one, go for it and then get the correct one.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:44 am

Also, CD Universe is apparently not shipping the box until they get the corrected versions. (It's listed as a pre-order without a release date at the moment.)

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney