Townshend reissues w/ bonus tracks

Just what the name says.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Townshend reissues w/ bonus tracks

Postby lukpac » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:56 am

Thanks to Brian Cady for pointing this out and the translation.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/music/essentia ... index.html

"Eleven album catalog reissue campaign coming soon from The Who guitarist, Pete Townshend. Each album featured here is available for the first time ever in the cardboard sleeve format, and each album features remastering."

Who Came First:
Mary Jane
????? (live)
Begin The Beguine (live)

Rough Mix
Only You (outtake)
Good Question (outtake)
Silly Little Man (outtake)

Empty Glass
I Am An Animal (demo)
Keep On Working (demo)
And I Moved (demo)
Gonna Get You (demo)

All The Best Cowboys
The Sea Refuses No River (live)
Slit Skirts (live)

White City
Second Hand Love (live)
Face The Face (live)

The Iron Man
A Friend Is A Friend (live)
All Shall Be Well (live)

Psychoderelict
Now And Then (live)
English Boy (live)
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:50 am

I guess those are the same bonuses that will appear on the eventual domestic reissues? If so, humph. Rough Mix looks intriguing, and the demos on Empty Glass might be worth a listen, but...

Where the #@(*$& are the B-sides? Classified? Dance It Away? Man Watching? Night School? Man Machines? Real World?

Geez. What a wasted opportunity.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:02 am

Hey Fang. Didn't realize you were posting here as "Rspaight".

I've always liked the Animal demo.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:09 am

Only You (outtake)
Good Question (outtake)

Am I to assume that all 3 of the above are Pete songs?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:52 am

I really, really like Soupy Sales. And Porsches.

I'll sell you my Who collection for $132 million.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:54 am

I'll give you $10.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:46 pm

I assume lots of those bonus tracks match demos already available on bootleg?

(like how the entire reel of Entwistle 1979 demos surfaced right before "Too Late The Hero" came out...)
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 pm

Chris M wrote:Only You (outtake)
Good Question (outtake)

Am I to assume that all 3 of the above are Pete songs?

To answer my own question.."Only You" and "Silly Little Man" are Ronnie Lane tracks whilst "Good Question" is a Pete track.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:54 pm

Rspaight wrote:I guess those are the same bonuses that will appear on the eventual domestic reissues?

No. Better buy both.

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/di ... 52&zone=pr

22 February 2006
Pete Townshend catalogue reissued in Japan

Pete's catalogue has been re-issued in Japan as paper CD replica sleeves. The first three albums include studio bonus tracks while the rest take live cuts from the Signature series. When the albums are released in Europe and the US these tracks will be replaced by bonus studio tracks. Scoop, Another Scoop and Scoop 3 have also been released but there will be no bonus tracks on these. All albums have been remastered by Jon Astley. www.eelpie.com will be stocking the Japanese releases and they will go on sale as soon as we receive them
The individual tracklists are shown below.
Matt

Pure and Easy, Evolution, Forever’s No Time At All, Let’s See Action, Time Is Passing, There’s A Heartache Following Me, Sheraton Gibson, Content, Parvardigar
BONUS TRACKS
His Hands, The Seeker, Day Of Silence, Sleeping Dog, The Love Man, Lantern Cabin, Mary Jane, I Always Say, Begin The Beguine.
The last three tracks are extra over the previous RYKO release and are studio tracks and not live as stated on the packaging.

My Baby Gives It Away, Nowhere To Run, Rough Mix, Annie, Keep Me Turning, Catmelody, Misunderstood, April Fool, Street In The City, Heart To Hang Onto,Till The Rivers All Run Dry.
BONUS TRACKS
Only You, Good Question, Silly Little Man.
The bonus tracks are studio out takes. Only You and Silly Little Man are written by Ronnie Lane and Good Question by Pete.

Rough Boys, I Am An Animal, And I Moved, Let My Love Open The Door, Jools And Jim, Keep On Working, Cat’s In The Cupboard, A Little Is Enough, Empty Glass, Gonna Get You
BONUS TRACKS
I Am An Animal (demo – alt vocal), Keep On Working (demo – alt vocal), And I Moved (demo – alt vocal), Gonna Get Ya (long version)
All the bonus tracks are studio demos or alt versions

Stop Hurting People, The Sea Refuses No River, Prelude, Face Dances Pt 2, Exquisitely Bored, Communication, Stardom in Acton (not Action as printed!), Uniforms (Corp d’espirit), North Country GirlSomebody Saved Me, Slit Skirts
BONUS TRACKS
The Sea Refuses No River (Live La Jolla), Slit Skirts (Live The Fillmore)

Give Blood, Brilliant Blues, Face The Face,Hiding Out, Secondhand Love, Crashing By Design, I Am Secure, White City Fighting,Come To Mama
BONUS TRACKS
Secondhand Love (Live Brixton), Face The Face (Live Brixton)

I Won’t Run Anymore, Over The Top, Man Machines, Dig, A Friend Is A Friend, I Eat Heavy Metal, All Shall Be Well, Was There Life, Fast Food, A Fool Says…, Fire, New Life / Reprise.
BONUS TRACKS
A Friend Is A Friend (live The Fillmore),All Shall Be Well (live The Fillmore)

English Boy, Meher Baba M3, Let’s Get Pretentious, Meher Baba M4 (signal box),Early Morning Dreams, I Want That Thing, Intro to Outlive The Dinosaur, Outlive The Dinosaur, Flame (demo), Now And Then, I Am Afraid, Don’t Try To Make Me Real, Intro to Predictable, Predictable, Flame, Meher Baba M5 (Vivaldi), Fake It, Intro to Now And Then (reprise), Now And Then (reprise), Baba O’Riley (demo), English Boy (reprise)
BONUS TRACKS
Now And Then (live The Empire), English Boy (live The Fillmore)

Barefootin’, After The Fire, Behind Blue Eyes, Stop Hurting People, I’m One, I Put A Spell On You, Save It For Later, Pinball Wizard, A Little Is Enough, Eyesight To The Blind
BONUS TRACKS
Magic Bus (live Brixton), Won’t Get Fooled Again (live Brixton)

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:38 pm

When the albums are released in Europe and the US these tracks will be replaced by bonus studio tracks.

Cool. No temptation to buy overpriced Japanese fetish items.

Ryan

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:00 pm

Rspaight wrote:Cool. No temptation to buy overpriced Japanese fetish items.

Assuming there's nothing unique on those, anyway.

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:26 pm

How are Mary Jane, I Always Say, and Begin The Beguine? If one has the Ryko Who Came First would it be worth picking up the new reissue to get the 3 exclusice tracks?
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:44 pm

Begin the Beguine is on Another Scoop. Cole Porter.

I'm assuming the others are on the Avatar box, but that thing sounds so bad I really haven't listened to it much.

22d row

Postby 22d row » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:00 am

Am I correct in assuming Jon Astley mastered all of these?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:16 am

According to the new (and possibly final) ICE, only WCF, Rough Mix, Empty Glass and Scoop are actually remastered. The rest are the same as the existing CDs. The four listed above will be reissued worldwide by Universal at some point, as well as actual remasters with different bonus tracks for the other albums. The source for this was Astley, so I assume he's doing the work.

Ryan