Kraftwerk remasters on Usenet?

Just what the name says.
Xenu
Sellout

Kraftwerk remasters on Usenet?

Postby Xenu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:09 pm

A set which claims to be of the infinitely-delayed Kraftwerk remasters is currently on ABSL (the guy reposted them recently with .cues and far-improved naming conventions).

I know absolutely nothing about Kraftwerk, but I'm sure THE EXPERTS HERE are quite interested in learning more...!
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:38 am

Did you manage to snag these?!

I'm definitely interested in hearing them.

For CD masterings of such early vintage, the Kraftwerk discs that have been on sale since time began sound amazingly good -- comparing very favorably to the German vinyl. I wonder how much they could be improved. It's possible, of course.

Now what I would really like to hear (and will never get, I know) are official CD releases of the first three albums.....
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Well, while I've heard the prior issues before, I don't know how they directly compare.

I snagged the first round...I'm about to bite the bullet and snag the "corrected" round (all 2+ gigs worth) again.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:10 pm

There's a limited-edition box set (12345678 - that's the title!) that's been out now for a couple years. It's selling for big bucks on eBay. I was fortunate enough to hear one recently and was disappointed to hear that, where a choice was made, the english version was used.