Cream bootlegs (Klooks Kleet '66, etc)

Just what the name says.
Chris M

Cream bootlegs (Klooks Kleet '66, etc)

Postby Chris M » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:53 pm

Anyone have a good copy of the '66 ‘Klooks Kleek’ show? I have a CDR of it but I have no idea what it's linage is. It's obviously sourced from an acetate or LP but sounds alright if a little screechy. Also, there is a new boot called BBC+ which is said to be a nice upgrade of the BBC sessions as well an upgrade of the March ‘67 Konserthuset broadcast. Anyone have it?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:43 am

I only have the Ricky Tick boot...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

JohnS

Postby JohnS » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:36 pm

Luke - what's the sound quality like on the Ricky Tick show? Any chance of tracklisting/further info please?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 pm

I think that one is still at the old house, so it might be a few days.

I seem to remember some tracks being decent (but not great) sounding stereo. Others were a bit lesser quality mono.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:44 pm

I got the "A-C" box downstairs and unpacked over lunch today. I think I remember this sounding a bit better...

1) Sunshine of Your Love
2) Hey Laydy Mama
3) Sweet Wine
4) Rollin' and Tumblin'
5) Spoonful (cut off early)
6) Sitting on Top of the World (starts late)
7) Toad
8) Hey Lawdy Mama
9) Meet Me at the Bottom
10) Crossroads
11) Stepping Out
12) Got My Mojo Working
13) Louise

1-7 are stereo. 8-11 are pretty poor sounding mono. 12 is what sounds like the Yardbirds backing Muddy Waters. Maybe. 13 is apparently the Yardbirds on UK TV. 12 & 13 are a bit better sounding mono.

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/rickytick.htm

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:09 pm

That looks like a hodge podge of different shows. I would guess that 8-11 are from the '66 Klooks Kleet acetate. I love Meet Me at the Bottom. They should of recorded that for the first LP. This site is the most comprehensive Cream site out there...

http://twtd.bluemountains.net.au/cream/renovating.htm

lukpac wrote:I got the "A-C" box downstairs and unpacked over lunch today. I think I remember this sounding a bit better...

1) Sunshine of Your Love
2) Hey Laydy Mama
3) Sweet Wine
4) Rollin' and Tumblin'
5) Spoonful (cut off early)
6) Sitting on Top of the World (starts late)
7) Toad
8) Hey Lawdy Mama
9) Meet Me at the Bottom
10) Crossroads
11) Stepping Out
12) Got My Mojo Working
13) Louise

1-7 are stereo. 8-11 are pretty poor sounding mono. 12 is what sounds like the Yardbirds backing Muddy Waters. Maybe. 13 is apparently the Yardbirds on UK TV. 12 & 13 are a bit better sounding mono.

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/rickytick.htm