11-17-70

Just what the name says.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

11-17-70

Postby lukpac » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Over lunch one of the local stations was playing Sixty Years On. Which was then followed by Bad Side Of The Moon. After a second of head scratching, I realized what the date was today...

Anyway, has the whole show ever shown up anywhere? Or even the setlist?

Also, I seem to recall hearing there were differences in mix between the US and UK LPs. Anyone have the UK LP? What's on CD?

Interesting it wasn't 17-11-70...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Re: 11-17-70

Postby Mike Hunte » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:08 pm

lukpac wrote:Over lunch one of the local stations was playing Sixty Years On. Which was then followed by Bad Side Of The Moon. After a second of head scratching, I realized what the date was today...

Anyway, has the whole show ever shown up anywhere? Or even the setlist?

Also, I seem to recall hearing there were differences in mix between the US and UK LPs. Anyone have the UK LP? What's on CD?

Interesting it wasn't 17-11-70...

It was released as 17-11-70 in the UK. Phil Ramone did the US LP mix (which Dudgeon always said he preferred), and the UK LP mix was done by someone else.

And yes, the whole show does exist on boots...taken from the original radio broadcast.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:23 pm

How's the quality?

And what are the differences in the mix?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:29 am

lukpac wrote:How's the quality?

And what are the differences in the mix?

Couldn't tell you. I've never heard an original UK LP pressing.

I think on the UK mix, he says "turn me on dead man" if you play "Bad Side Of The Moon" backwards.

Ooo se ma la...

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:37 am

lukpac wrote:How's the quality?

Oh...if you're talking about the boot of the entire show - quality is pretty good. Performance-wise, average at best. Stuff like Country Comfort, Your Song, and I Need You To Turn To. Let's just say, that the best performances were chosen for the LP.

Amoreena on the reissue CD is pretty good too.