DCC CDR's - ATMP, Imagine, Wild Life,Pillow, Morrison Hotel

Just what the name says.
dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:31 pm

Pretty sure he's independently wealthy, besides.

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:05 pm

Here's what disappeared:

Steve Hoffman wrote:New SH Forum Fundraiser-Unreleased DCC Gold CD solo Beatles' masterings, etc. by S.H.

I've been holding on to these since the demise of DCC and really there is no point to me keeping them any longer. I'm more concerned at this point with raising money for the continued upgrading of these Forums. We are growing like crazy! I will give these out as gifts to the most generous contributors.

These discs are the only copies of my work of the below mentioned albums, cloned to CD-R from the old crumbling PCM 1630 master tapes (since destroyed). So this is ALL that remains of these projects. The paper files have been destroyed along with any and all artwork mock-ups, etc. I saved these "OK'd" test discs basically for nostalgia sake but perhaps they need a home where someone will play them and enjoy them since I never do (too depressing at what "might have been").

However, I revisited a bunch of these today after many years and I'm still very happy with the way they turned out. So it's bittersweet for me. I figured now would be a good time to place them in a good home while I am in the "clearing out the old life" mood.

The CD-R titles are below:

--------------------------------------------

GEORGE HARRISON - "All Things Must Pass" two disc set, unissued DCC Gold disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

(This is probably the "holy grail" DCC 24 Karat Gold CD title I guess..)

Contains:

I'd Have You Anytime/My Sweet Lord/Wah-Wah/Isn't A Pity (version one)/What Is Life?/If Not For You/Behind That Locked Door/Let It Down/Run Of The Mill/Beware Of Darkness/Apple Scruffs/Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)/Awaiting On You All/All Things Must Pass/I Dig Love/Art Of Dying/Isn't It A Pity (version two)/Hear Me Lord/Out Of The Blue/It's Johnny's Birthday/Plug Me In/I Remember Jeep/Thanks For The Pepperoni

-----------------------------------

JOHN LENNON - "Imagine", unissued DCC Gold disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

Contains:

Imagine/Crippled Inside/Jealous Guy/It's So Hard/I Don't Want To Be A Soldier/Give Me Some Truth/Oh, My Love/How Do You Sleep/How?/Oh, Yoko

-----------------------------------

PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - "Wild Life", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

Contains:

Mumbo/Bip Bop/Love Is Strange/Wild Life/Some People Never Know/I Am Your Singer/Bip Bop Link (instrumental)/Tomorrow/Dear Friend/Mumbo Link (instrumental) and FOUR BONUS TRACKS: ANOTHER DAY/OH WOMAN, OH WHY/MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB/LITTLE WOMAN LOVE (Yes, we made them give us "Another Day"!)

--------------------------------------

PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - "Wings Greatest", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes. COMPILED FROM THE INDIVIDUAL MASTER MIXES, NOT A GREATEST HITS COPY TAPE!!!!!

Contains:

Another Day/Silly Love Songs/Live And Let Die/Junior's Farm/With A Little Luck/Band On The Run/Uncle Albert-Admiral Halsey/Hi, Hi, Hi/Let 'Em In/My Love/Jet/Mull Of Kintyre and ONE BONUS TRACK NOT ON THE COMMERCIAL CD: HELEN WHEELS

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE - "Surrealistic Pillow", stereo, unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes (unblacked).

Contains:

She Has Funny Cars/Somebody To Love/My Best Friend/Today/Comin' Back To Me/3/5 Of A Mile In 10 Seconds/D.C.B.A--25/How Do You Feel?/Embryonic Journey/White Rabbit/Plastic Fantastic Lover

BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND - "Stranger In Town", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

Contains:

Hollywood Nights/Still The Same/Old Time Rock & Roll/Till It Shines/
Feel Like A Number/Ain't Got No Money/We've Got Tonight/Brave Strangers/The Famous Final Scene

------------------------------

JAMES TAYLOR - "Sweet Baby James", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

Contains:

Sweet Baby James/Lo And Behold/Sunny Skies/Steamroller/Country Road/O Susannah/Fire And Rain/Blossom/Anywhere Like Heaven/Oh Baby, Don't You Loose Your Lip On Me/Suite For 20 G

------------------------------------------

THE DOORS - "Morrison Hotel / Hard Rock Cafe", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

Contains:

Roadhouse Blues/Waiting For The Sun/You Make Me Real/Peace Frog/Blue Sunday/Ship Of Fools/Land Ho/The Spy/Queen Of The Highway/Indian Summer/Maggie M'Gill

----------------------

JONI MITCHELL - "Ladies Of The Canyon", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes.

Contains:

Morning Morgantown/For Free/Conversation/Ladies Of The Canyon/Willy/The Arrangement/Rainy Night House/The Priest/Blue Boy/Big Yellow Taxi/Woodstock/The Circle Game

--------------------------------

Frank Sinatra - "Songs For Young Lovers", monaural, unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes. Note: This disc was meant to be a two-fer and is therefore somewhat incomplete. Only the 8 songs from "Songs For Young Lovers" are on here, from the 1953 master tapes; the 8 "Swing Easy" masters were unavailable so the project was canceled.

Contains:

My Funny Valentine/The Girl Next Door/A Foggy Day/Like Someone In Love/I Get A Kick Out Of You/Little Girl Blue/They Can't Take That From Me/Violets For Your Furs

-----------------------------------------

FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA & ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM, unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog four-track session tapes.

Contains:

The Girl From Ipanema/Dindi/Change Partners/Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars/Meditation/If You Never Come To Me/How Insensitive/I Concentrate On You/Baubles, Bangles And Beads/Once I Loved and BONUS TRACK FROM THE SAME RECORDING DAY: "DRINKING AGAIN (unissued alternate version)

----------------------------------

LINDA RONSTADT - "Mad Love", unissued DCC Gold Disc, mastered by SH from the original analog master tapes. This album was mixed to digital and 30 ips anlong simultaneously. This DCC version was made from the analog mixes, unreleased to this day.

Contains:

Mad Love/Party Girl/How Do I Make You?/I Can't Let Go/Hurt So Bad/Look Out For My Love/Cost Of Love/Justine/Girls Talk/Talking In The Dark

---------------------------------------------

Here is how we will work this: I will give these out as gifts to the most generous contributors. Send a message to Dave The Night Gort by clicking on CONTACT US at the bottom of any page and tell him how much you want to donate to the SH Forums and what disc(s) you want as your reward for contributing to the welfare of this place.

Updates daily on this thread will show what the highest amounts are....

Dave will compile a list and on Sunday night, November 6th at 11:59 PST, Dave will determine who offered the highest donations and what their choice of gift discs are.

That sounds like a fair way to do it.
All money raised (after taxes) will go right into the SH Forums Kitty and be used to keep this place growing, moving quickly down the Internet and commercial free for a long time to come, hopefully years.

I WILL POST DAILY UPDATES AS TO WHERE THE PRICES ARE ON EACH DISC AS SOON AS DAVE GIVES ME THE INFORMATION.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS.

Yeah, that sounds like a fair way to do it, Steve! So all of you just watch the thread until November 6 and ... oh, wait, never mind.

I would think that selling these "test pressings" is a grey area at best. But if you were to ask the artists whose music is on them, they'd think "unethical and untrustworthy rat fink mastering monkey."

I'm continually astonished at how low the weasel will stoop.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:09 pm

Thanks for posting that. I missed the whole shebang.

I wanna know how this thread relates to the "auction."

24KaratSound wrote:Calling those in L.A./O.C. for listening gathering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see if I can get a group of us together in the Los Angeles/Orange County area in as much of a centralized location as possible for a very special listening party, or gathering just in case you don't like parties. It is for a VERY special version of a CD that I think you would not be disappointed once you hear what the title is.

This is just a feeler, to see what kind of response I get from anyone who might be interested. I really don't want to name the title yet, but I think it will really be worth the while.

Feel free to post here, or PM me if interested. Thanks.

The thread's already been closed by none other than SH himself.

the 801

Postby the 801 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:06 pm

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:15 pm

I really, really would like to hear some of those.

Heck, I understand Steve's desire to hold on to them more than I do Whitefang's tendency to hoard...
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

CitizenDan

Postby CitizenDan » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:16 pm

Yeah, at least Steve had a hand, however incidental, in making the finished product sound the way it does. Whitefang's just a....I dunno, what's the word? Pig?
We were right about Vietnam. We were right about Nixon. We were right about Reaganomics. Trust us -- we're right about Bush, too.

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:18 pm

Xenu wrote:I really, really would like to hear some of those.

Heck, I understand Steve's desire to hold on to them more than I do Whitefang's tendency to hoard...

How did fang get copies of the My Generation tapes? Has he ever talked about why he doesn't circulating them?

MK

Postby MK » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:26 pm

Of course, a BETTER question would be, why spend thousands funding a forum that's growing close to useless? They get a hundred new threads a day and usually there's NOTHING worth reading. You know, something that actually gives new, useful and CORRECT information about a reissue, album, etc.

What's left after you weed out the blather, topics already covered a million times, etc....you actually want to PAY for that extra shit?
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:59 pm

Chris M wrote:How did fang get copies of the My Generation tapes? Has he ever talked about why he doesn't circulating them?

That's a question for Luke. He has absurd connections, and has an equally absurd stockpile (huge amounts of JAE stuff, which makes me extraordinarily jealous) which he isn't, at all, interested in giving to the "community" for anything less than several millions of dollars.

Of course, we've dumped on him recently, so I doubt he's at all interested in helping us specifically out.
-------------

CitizenDan

Postby CitizenDan » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:22 pm

Is he the clownpants who tried to unload his Who trove on eBay not long ago for something like an opening bid of a million dollars? Or was that a different deluded freak?
We were right about Vietnam. We were right about Nixon. We were right about Reaganomics. Trust us -- we're right about Bush, too.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:41 pm

Clownpants?

Yes. He's the...clownpants in question?
-------------

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Chris M wrote:How did fang get copies of the My Generation tapes? Has he ever talked about why he doesn't circulating them?

If I recall correctly, he got them directly from Talmy, at the time Talmy was offering them for sale for a million dollars on his website. The impression I got (implied but never explicitly stated by Weiner) was that he managed to convince Talmy that he was heading up a consortium that might possibly buy them, so he was given a DAT copy to hear what was being offered. Fang's copy of the Talmy tapes is just mono, isn't it?

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:05 am

Now the SHites are coyly implying that the "anonymous benefactor" laid out ... 12 grand :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :shock:

Man, isn't 12 grand like the GNP of Rwanda??? If THAT doesn't make Baby Jebus cry, I don't know what could.

Well, at least Hoffman now says a fundraiser won't be necessary for the next two years. How fast do you think he'll reneg on that promise?

Phools.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:20 am

czeskleba wrote:

If I recall correctly, he got them directly from Talmy, at the time Talmy was offering them for sale for a million dollars on his website. The impression I got (implied but never explicitly stated by Weiner) was that he managed to convince Talmy that he was heading up a consortium that might possibly buy them, so he was given a DAT copy to hear what was being offered. Fang's copy of the Talmy tapes is just mono, isn't it?

Wow. I would think the DAT would be the unmixed 3 tracks right? I wonder what those sound like.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:23 am

Luke heard a few, albeit over the phone, I think. I have no idea how Fang is so amazing at convincing the normally reticent (Talmy, Entwistle) to part with their masterial...
-------------