DCC CDR's - ATMP, Imagine, Wild Life,Pillow, Morrison Hotel

Just what the name says.
czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:02 am

I can't imagine they would circulate. If the buyer did circulate them, it would certainly get back to Steve Hoffman and he would be on the shit list. Plus, if you paid big bucks for some CD-Rs, what sense would it make to give out copies and in doing so destroy the value of your collector's item. Once copies circulated, those test-press CD-Rs would become worthless.

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:28 am

Honestly, if I had aquired those CDRs from Steve personally, I would not give them away. (And I am usually not against trading at all!)

PS: Chris Desjardin's All Things Must Pass needle drop is excellent.

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:04 am

Andreas wrote:Honestly, if I had aquired those CDRs from Steve personally, I would not give them away. (And I am usually not against trading at all!)

PS: Chris Desjardin's All Things Must Pass needle drop is excellent.

I was hoping the winner would sell CDR's behind the scenes to recoup his money. Someone posted here that the unreleased DCC Never a Dull Moment was doing the rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if the DCC Soft Parade was out there as well since it's been auctioned several times..

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:32 pm

Screw selling. I'd prefer a wealthy "philanthropist" bought the discs in order to, uh, "free" them on Demonoid.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:39 pm

Xenu wrote:Screw selling. I'd prefer a wealthy "philanthropist" bought the discs in order to, uh, "free" them on Demonoid.

You're a rich fag Jew, aren't you?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:34 pm

Two out of three ain't bad.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 pm

You're not a Jew?

I kill me.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:22 pm

Chris M wrote:I was hoping the winner would sell CDR's behind the scenes to recoup his money.

The problem with that idea is that after the first two or three copies were sold, the people who bought copies would start making their own copies and trading them, and before too long no one would want to buy copies from the original guy anymore. Odds are the demand would bottom out long before he recouped his investment.