Cheap-ass Dylan incentive...

Just what the name says.
MK

Cheap-ass Dylan incentive...

Postby MK » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:58 pm

Special Bob Dylan Bundle Offer
Order Bob Dylan Scrapbook + No Direction Home: Bootleg Volume 7 for the special bundle price of only $49.98 (29% off). You'll also get a bonus Dylan CD containing 6 tracks recorded at Bob Dylan's October 26, 1963 concert at Carnegie Hall, New York City and free standard shipping on your entire order. To get the discount and the bonus CD, use the coupon DYLAN at checkout.
The two CDs will ship to arrive on or around 8/30/2005. The book will ship to arrive on around the 9/13/2005 release date.

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/cat ... onId=91197

The Japanese Sony site is offering the 'free' disc of unreleased material from this show with the purchase of 5 discs.

The disc reportedly has the following tracks:

Bob Dylan "Bob Dylan Live At Carnegie Hall"

1. The Times They Are A-Changin'
2. The Ballad of Hollis Brown
3. Boots of Spanish Leather
4. Lay Down Your Weary Tune
5. North Country Blues
6. With God On Our Side

Recorded October 26, 1963 at Carnegie Hall, New York City

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Intern ... ylan/?info

This is a CHEAP ASS incentive. Six measly tracks from a legendary concert that's been released piecemeal over the course of 40 years (Columbia's worse than a crack dealer), and with this bonus disc, about half has been issued in total. Hey, if they put the whole thing on CD, I'd buy it, so would tons of Dylan fans, but making it available like this is damn stingy. Yeah, yeah "it's better than nothing"...imagine if they released "Return of the King" with 90 random minutes cut out and kept from the public. "Hey, it's better than nothing." Pfffft!
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Jelly

Postby Jelly » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:05 am

Also, they will not ship to Europe. Then again, as I'm a credit cardless loser what do I care. Why can't they just release the whole show? :evil: