Soda Stereo

Just what the name says.
Rob P

Soda Stereo

Postby Rob P » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:00 pm

Is there anyone here who likes the Argentinian band Soda Stereo? I don't speak Spanish; I wish I did. However, I don't have to know it to appreciate their musicianship, I think this was one of the great groups out there. They're worth checking out. It's a shame that they probably won't reunite.

I have two of their albums, Cancion Animal and Sueno Stereo, but I would like to pick up some others. I just wanted to float this out there and see if anyone else has some opinions on their best albums. Or, if you hate them, post as well, I just would like to know if people have heard them.

Sueno Stereo is the album Oasis wished they could have released in 1995. Truly epic, it makes "What's the Story Morning Glory" sound like amateur hackwork (not that it's that hard to best Oasis, I just wish the music press would stop hyping loser drunks with anti-social tendencies). Meanwhile, Cancion Animal, from 1989, is probably the only album I'll love from that wretched period in music history when hair metal ruled the charts.

Patrick M

Re: Soda Stereo

Postby Patrick M » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:27 pm

Rob P wrote:Meanwhile, Cancion Animal, from 1989, is probably the only album I'll love from that wretched period in music history when hair metal ruled the charts.

The golden age of thrash. Possibly my favorite music period of all time.

BTW, Bellybutton was recorded in '89, IIRC.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.