Kinks Castle cds=PRT???

Just what the name says.
prix

Kinks Castle cds=PRT???

Postby prix » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:47 am

Figure as long as I'm over here catching up on all the latest trash talk, I may as well post a thread about something useful. Recently I picked up a couple of early Castle Kinks cds. I did a search in the archives over at SH.tv and found one of Goodwin's old posts wherein he states that the early Castle Kinks cds are clones of the PRT stuff. Can anyone elaborate on this? How does one identify the PRT/Castle discs? I'm trying to find out if I've got smash or trash here. Thanks

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:06 pm

Whoah whoah whoah.

I don't know whether I said *all*. I do, however, know that the Castle VGPS is identical to the PRT. I also traced the PRT's lineage to the Japanese two-fers, I believe. I don't remember that all now.

Problematically, the only PRT/Castle duplicate I have *IS* VGPS.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

prix

Postby prix » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:13 am

Xenu wrote:Whoah whoah whoah.

I don't know whether I said *all*. I do, however, know that the Castle VGPS is identical to the PRT. I also traced the PRT's lineage to the Japanese two-fers, I believe. I don't remember that all now.

Problematically, the only PRT/Castle duplicate I have *IS* VGPS.

So do you have original PRT versions of "Percy", "Kontroversy", or "Face To Face"? If so, it would probably be worthwhile if I mailed you copies of my late '80s Castle versions of these titles for comparison.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:39 pm

Yeah, I have PRTs of those three (I have the "reversed sides" version of Face to Face). I'm not at home until December, though, so I wouldn't be able to do comparisons until I get home.

Howzabout I get some titles out to you around that time? Remind me then.
-------------

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:40 pm

BTW, Prix, do you have the mono Arthur?
-------------